- All work exhibited in booth must be designed and created by the accepted artist.
- Work produced with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial methods are not permitted.
- Studios involved in volume production are not permitted to exhibit.
- Imported or buy/sell items are not permitted.
- Limited edition prints are permitted, provided they are copies of original works by the exhibiting artist.
- As the artist, you are your own best sales person and your presence is requested for the entire show.
- If your booth features art from more than one category, each category must be represented in your application entry.
- You are only allowed to sell or display work that has been juried into the show and appears in your application entry.
- Artists may share a booth, provided each is accepted through the jury process. Only one application and booth fee is necessary, though each artist must submit four images of work entered and the $15 jury fee.
All applications must include 4 high quality images of work to be exhibited. Mailed in applications and photos will not be returned, all images will be destroyed after the selection process. Hard copy applications will only be sent out by explicit request. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Acceptance to the DubuqueFest Art Fair is determined by a jury of artists and craftspeople. Judgment of the jury is final. Exhibitors will be asked to remove work which is inconsistent with approved images, appears to be factory made, or is in violation of the above rules.
DubuqueFest offers first, second, and third place ($500, $300, & $200) cash prizes- awarded to the top artists.
Winners will be determined by an independent judge.
LOCATION/TIME: Rain or shine in Washington Park, between Locust & Bluff, 6th & 7th Streets in Dubuque, Iowa.
Friday May 18, 3-5 p.m. vendor check-in and tent setup. No early check-ins!
Saturday, May 19, 10-5 p.m.
Sunday, May 20, 10-4 p.m.
$15 Jury fee + $110 Entry fee
$15 Jury Fee – non refundable & due upon applying.
$110 Entry Fee – due upon acceptance into the fair and secures 12’x12’ booth space.
Online applications may also include a small processing fee. Applications will not be reviewed until jury fee is paid. If accepted, you will be asked to pay the entry fee by March 20, 2018.
Exhibitors are responsible for the 7% sales tax (call (563) 556-4631 for information). A tax permit will be included in artists’ information packets issued at check-in.
DubuqueFest offers 2 booth scholarships to emerging artists. Scholarships include the rental of a 10 x 10 tent. For more information on how to apply please email: email@example.com
Exhibitors supply all their own equipment for their booths. All tents should be weighted or staked. Most spaces have ample storage space adjacent to the booth. Booth spaces are on grass.
All spaces around Washington Park are reserved for exhibitors to load and unload their work, only. After unloading, free artist parking and free overnight RV parking is available. Free parking is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. No vehicles should be left in parking spaces surrounding the park. We want passersby to see your art!
All work will be displayed entirely at the exhibitors’ risk. No liability can be assumed by DubuqueFest, the Dubuque County Fine Arts Society, or the City of Dubuque. Overnight security will be provided.
Tourist Information Center at the Convention & Visitors Bureau at (563) 556-4372 or toll-free at 800-798-8844, or Dubuque Chamber of Commerce at (563) 557-9200 or 800-798-4748.
For More Information
Contact Art Fair Director Rose Noble
email: firstname.lastname@example.org – or visit our website at: www.dubuquefest.org
Dates to Remember
Jan. 25 – Applications open!
Mar. 15 – Applications close
Mar. 20 – Accepted vendors announced
Mar. 20 – Accepted vendor entry fee due
May 18 – Vendor check-in 3-5 p.m. No early check-ins!
May 19 – Art fair from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
May 20 – Art fair from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.